Gibson Brands Forums

I know of 3 zoots on this site let show all the zoots off

Thomse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm loving this guitar. It sounds great and has a wonderful physical feel to it. Very organic - very "woody" feeling. The volume knobs are very sensitive - just a tiny bit of rollback cleans them up and reels things in if I have a lot of gain going on. Very versatile and very unique.

two questions........

Are these just painted to look that way or are they a laminate body?

How do you like the P90/humbucker setup?

NHTom

It's made from laminated pieces of stained birch. No paint is used.

This is a great pickup setup. The bridge pickup growls and screams and the P90 is punchy and creamy. The volume control is very sensitive - just a touch of adjustment down from 10 really brings out a variety of tones. The middle position is very cool because you can alternate between volume and tone settings to get a lot of different sounds different than you'd get with two 'buckers. . The tone overall is bright in the upper mids, a good place IMO. The P90 always remains dark and rich sounding. Overall a great guitar and a good value.

Cool,

I'm picking up a used lp studio gem that someone replaced the bridge p90 with a humbucker (57).

I leaned toward this one due to the unique setup and thought it would have a good variety of tone. Thought it was unusual, then noticed it had been done on the zoots, the tom scholtz, and a couple other models, so I figured it wasn't so odd after all.

NHTom

Cool,

I'm picking up a used lp studio gem that someone replaced the bridge p90 with a humbucker (57).

I leaned toward this one due to the unique setup and thought it would have a good variety of tone. Thought it was unusual, then noticed it had been done on the zoots, the tom scholtz, and a couple other models, so I figured it wasn't so odd after all.

NHTom

I think it's still a unique setup. The dual 'buckers is much more common. That guitar pictured in your posts is beautiful! I'm sure you'll love it.

• 1 year later...

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder applies here. The first Zoot I seen was a Les Paul in " Walt Disney Puke". I was blown away. Pics don't do these guitars justice, you have to feel one to appreciate it. The workmanship is stunning. I thought the black n clear finish looked tuff enough. The most tasteful of the choices.

post-66741-031130400 1407169472_thumb.jpg

Archived