Gibson Brands Forums

LPC/SG-3 blows me away !

Bender 4 Life

it's an Aug.'10 Chinese model, and a specimin of perfection.

I don't play it often enough, but once a set of strings is broken in on it, it stays in tune every time it's un-cased. Maybe a light tweak of the g or b string every 2nd or 3rd playing, but it's a rock solid guitar and every time I get it out it's a thrillride !!

got it new 9/'10 from Sweetwater so it came in set up almost perfectly, and it's bone-stock except for Gibby-Dlx. tuners I popped on to replace the wayyyy too tight Grovers that it came with.

One of the best features is that all 3 V-pots use treble bleed caps so you can roll off either w/o losing the other (v/t)so the bridge p'up wide open w/6-8 on the tone pot sounds absolutely wicked !

who else here has 3-p'up Epis? (yes, Rivvies count)

I know Rob had an ebony SG3/LPC and a few others had them too.....(Black Beauties, Rivvie P-93s, etc.)

do y'alls Epi-3s have treble bleeds? I could get addicted to those easily.....

here's mine

GarysCam182.jpg

GarysCam178.jpg

BevsCam2200.jpg

One of the best features is that all 3 V-pots use treble bleed caps so you can roll off either w/o losing the other (v/t)so the bridge p'up wide open w/6-8 on the tone pot sounds absolutely

How is that any different than different that just switching to the bridge pickup and going wide open and adjusting the tone accordingly on regular guitars? What are the options with the selector switch? One position for each or combinations? Just curious. Nice guitar by the way.

Archived