Gibson Brands Forums

New ES-175 VOS and Gibson customer service

Eric Rowland

I bought a 2012 ES-175 Vintage Natural '59 VOS single pickup model back in December and in about a month it developed a nasty crack in the rim of the cutaway. I was gutted. I got an RMA and shipped it to Memphis. About 2 months later I got a box from Gibson with the replacement but it was the two pickup model. I thought it funny at the time that it had a place in the cutaway where the binding had become separated and there was a gap that was glaringly obvious. There was surely no way they would ship something like that to a customer. So, I call them back and tell them the situation and they said ok we'll send FedEx to get it. About a month later I finally get my proper replacement (single pickup). I call them again and tell them I still have the two pickup model. FedEx finally comes and gets it. Story over? not yet! About a week or two later I get a knock on the door and FedEx is delivering another 175! I call and tell them and FedEx picks it up and all is well now. I want to thank Benton Cummings and the staff for letting me play their 175D for a month while I waited for them to build me a new guitar! Has anyone else had a situation like this? I think the moral of this story is always buy a new instrument with a warranty, I would have been up the creek otherwise. :) P.S. I love the scent of the wood...it's so sweet.

2_zps4a4d8da2.jpg

That is a great story.. [thumbup] Sounds as if they were sending out guitars very liberally....Ha! Was there no communication from them before the guitars arrived? If not, that is pretty bizarre..

Rod

No communication at all..just FedEx at the door. I think some of it had to do with things going on vis a vis Memphis vs Nashville. They didn't know anything until I called them. Just thought folks would like to have some reference as to their cust service.

Archived