Gibson Brands Forums

Line 6 StageSource L2t and HD500 - Is this the best you can sound without an amp

CoreyT

The setup is similar to what I've done with an RP1000 (Digitech) into a PA.

What's different in this video, and probably a real improvement, is the more focused nature of the speaker cab used in this video. Through a PA this stuff just seems to big and spread out, IMO.

I actually use the RP1000 into the effect return of an Acoustisonic jr with good success. More focused than through a PA. This ended up being my favorite config and most closely matches this video.

Now that I have the HT5RH, the RP1000 lives in the 4-wire hook-up with it and hasn't done any modeling for a while :-)

Do we even "need" amps, anymore??! With all the great(?) modeling processors, available?

YES, IMHO...because, amps (especially tube amps) just have a warmer, more organic tone.

Processors, as great as they are, still (to me) sound "sterile!" Probably ok, for recording,

where every thing gets sterilized, anyway...especially nowadays! Even modeling amps, to me,

sound much better, than any processor. Processors are fun, and can be quite decent, and "handy,"

as well as much lighter to carry around. But, I'm still stuck in the past, with tube amps!

But, maybe that's just old "Luddite" Me? LOL

CB

Well, I'm all for figuring ways to use computers in sound control and performance, coffeehouse to outdoor concert, but... I don't know if it's my computer speakers or what, but I've gotta admit this didn't trip my trigger at all, nor did I see anything of personal interest.

m

Well, I'm all for figuring ways to use computers in sound control and performance, coffeehouse to outdoor concert, but... I don't know if it's my computer speakers or what, but I've gotta admit this didn't trip my trigger at all, nor did I see anything of personal interest.

m

I run my computer sound card output to my amp's effect return. That way I can hear all of the Anderton's demos the way they really sound!

Just kidding and not directed at you, m. Just random chemical transfer among the various synapses inside my head ...

Archived