Gibson Brands Forums

MV's J 200 Art Deco

JuanCarlosVejar

He's going a bit hirsuite ol' Tony, aint he ?

Like a lot of their vids, the tone does come across as pretty tubby and muddy, just too bass dominant. Not sure if its mike placement or Tony sporting thumb ?

A bit OTT in the looks dept for me, but I resepect Gibson that they have the cheek to get so pimped out every in a while.

He's going a bit hirsuite ol' Tony, aint he ?

Like a lot of their vids, the tone does come across as pretty tubby and muddy, just too bass dominant. Not sure if its mike placement or Tony sporting thumb ?

A bit OTT in the looks dept for me, but I resepect Gibson that they have the cheek to get so pimped out every in a while.

I agree but ... they always sell and I think it's because when someone else plays them they probably don't play bluegrass licks on a gibson lol .

even a few high end Martins don't sound that great in his hands ...

JC

but I think TOny isn't the best guy to bring out the shining sound of a gibson .

JC

Maybe that's a good reason to have him do the demo. If you have a great Gibson player doing a demo, will you be disappointed when you get the guitar and discover you can't make it sound like that?

It's actually a pretty good idea to have the same person play the same tunes on every guitar, provided he's a decent player--which Tony really is--and provided there's enough variety in the selections to reasonably demonstrate a guitar's capabilities.

Archived