Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay Re-Sellers

Steveyp

A practice I despise especially when the seller is intentionally misleading, one of the latest listings on Ebay states the MSRP as being $4600 :P Funny that because I'm sure the official Gibson Dark Fire page states the price as being UNDER $3500.

Anyway I wonder how purchasers will fare if it comes to warranty issues and claiming the welcome pack (which requires a lot of specific purchase information to register for) if they buy from a non authorised Gibson dealer? I am sure that the Gibson warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser from an authorised Gibson dealer.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this,

A practice I despise especially when the seller is intentionally misleading' date=' one of the latest listings on Ebay states the MSRP as being $4600 =D> Funny that because I'm sure the official Gibson Dark Fire page states the price as being UNDER $3500.

Anyway I wonder how purchasers will fare if it comes to warranty issues and claiming the welcome pack (which requires a lot of specific purchase information to register for) if they buy from a non authorised Gibson dealer? I am sure that the Gibson warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser from an authorised Gibson dealer.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this, [/quote']

Correct, there is no warranty and the RIP offer is not valid for purchases made on eBay or through other unauthorized re-sellers. The warranty and RIP offer are valid only to the original owner that purchases the guitar as new from the authorized Gibson dealer that we shipped the guitar to.

To find an authorized Gibson Dark Fire dealer, go to http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/DarkFire/Buy-Now.aspx.

Correct' date=' there is no warranty and the RIP offer is not valid for purchases made on eBay or through other unauthorized re-sellers. The warranty and RIP offer are valid only to the original owner that purchases the guitar as new from the authorized Gibson dealer that we shipped the guitar to.

To find an authorized Gibson Dark Fire dealer, go to http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/DarkFire/Buy-Now.aspx. [/quote']

Thanks for clearing that up CustomerService, beware all those who frequent Ebay. And to all those still waiting for their DF's this will be a comfort knowing that the faith you have placed in your authorised Gibson dealer has been worthwhile:) =P~

PX,

The listing that your link refers to has been removed. Also the purchase of any DF from a non authorised dealer i.e 99.9999999% of Ebay dealers will invalidate your right to a warranty and the welcome pack which includes the very important RIP and software (Clever move Gibson).

To register for the above you will need specific information which only the original purchaser will have.

So to me $3000 with no warranty RIP or software is not such a bargain.

PS all of the Ebay listings that i can see are round about the $4000 mark.

Correct' date=' there is no warranty and the RIP offer is not valid for purchases made on eBay or through other unauthorized re-sellers. The warranty and RIP offer are valid only to the original owner that purchases the guitar as new from the authorized Gibson dealer that we shipped the guitar to.

To find an authorized Gibson Dark Fire dealer, go to http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/DarkFire/Buy-Now.aspx. [/quote']

Where are the authorized Canadian dealers??

As much as I'm annoyed with the eBay situation I have two questions which I can't help but ask ...

Are you saying someone who legally bought a guitar from Gibson can't resell it because they are not happy with it and the eventual buyer will not have warranty and will not be able to claim RIP? This is a strange outcome isn't it?

How come these folk get their hands on these guitars and peddle them on eBay while my "authorized" reseller is still twiddling his thumbs?

Thanks for your answers. Cheers

Here's one:

The Trews debuted the new Gibson Dark Fire Les Paul guitar at Toronto's Gibson Showroom

http://www.chartattack.com/news/64146/trews-debut-dark-fire

Thanks elantric for the link.

Unfortunatly, I reside in Quebec, and there is a total of 100 going to Canada.

And guess what the selling price is...5,000$ CDN, or 4,300$ USD

We the Canadian get always screwed...I am guessing I will wait until the non first run start selling at 1,500$, RIP included and all.

Correct' date=' there is no warranty and the RIP offer is not valid for purchases made on eBay[/quote']

I have to say that I feel sorry for those guys, who buy DF from the eBay with the big bucks and they don't get "RIP/Software package" or the warranty. They get just a guitar. I think they don't know what they are buying. :-k

I agree. It seems like a perfect way for Gibson to take a stab at ebay sellers. Ultimately, people who really wanted a Gibson guitar are the ones that will get screwed. More than likely, they'll learn

it the hard way, when they have no recourse. I wonder how many Gibson guitars they'll buy in the future.

Archived