Gibson Brands Forums

Joyo vintage overdrive less than £6

krock

Guest Farnsbarns

Hmmm, seller in China. Small alarm bell.

but calling themselves lotmusic_gb. Misleading. Small alarm bell.

Price too good to be true. Small alarm bell.

Been selling a year and 2% neutral and 2% negative. Small alarm bell.

Odd description slightly skirting the brand issue.

Description

100% Brand new, never used Item 100% like the picture shown Brand:Joyo

Small alarm bell.

Too many small alarm bells for me, be careful and good luck.

When I saw Krock's post I checked it out online and ordered one. It was delivered today (free delivery using Amazon Prime). It is simply excellent. I am really very pleasantly suprised.

Good times.

Manse

That's a bargain.

I like my Joyo Compressor despite its unreliable switch, one day I will install a quality switch on it.

I like my Joyo Compressor as well. Even the switch works fine. [thumbup]

I also have an Joyo Ultimate Octave fuzz pedal that I really like! [biggrin]

I am one of the unlucky ones with the switch, prior to buying it I saw online reviews about the switch going out within 30 minutes and that is exactly what happened to mine. The switch does work but make a false contact half the time. It is an easy fix because the switch is not mounted on the PCB, I'll invest the $4 and time one of these days.

When I saw Krock's post I checked it out online and ordered one. It was delivered today (free delivery using Amazon Prime). It is simply excellent. I am really very pleasantly suprised.

Good times.

Manse

Surprisingly they are good pedals.

Surprisingly they are good pedals.

Absolutely - it is not a good "cheap" pedal - it is just a good pedal. It has a great sound, and a touch more gain than I recall from a stock Tubescreamer, which suits my style. My tele and my Bassman love it.

I have a Keeley modded Rat, an MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive, an old Boss Super Disortion Feedbacker and a variety of fuzzes - so I have my dirty sounds covered - but I will find room for this on my board. And I would defy anyone to tell the "cheap" pedal from the more expensive ones in a blind test.

That said, it might not last as long - it is lightweight for a metal pedal, but the build seems neat, the switch feels positive, the knobs are well seated and operate smoothly. Honestly, if I had no prior knowledge of the brand or the price, I would pay real tubescreamer money for it.

And, unbelievably £6, delivered in under 48 hours, with a working battery inside.

Manse

Absolutely - it is not a good "cheap" pedal - it is just a good pedal. It has a great sound, and a touch more gain than I recall from a stock Tubescreamer, which suits my style. My tele and my Bassman love it.

I have a Keeley modded Rat, an MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive, an old Boss Super Disortion Feedbacker and a variety of fuzzes - so I have my dirty sounds covered - but I will find room for this on my board. And I would defy anyone to tell the "cheap" pedal from the more expensive ones in a blind test.

That said, it might not last as long - it is lightweight for a metal pedal, but the build seems neat, the switch feels positive, the knobs are well seated and operate smoothly. Honestly, if I had no prior knowledge of the brand or the price, I would pay real tubescreamer money for it.

And, unbelievably £6, delivered in under 48 hours, with a working battery inside.

Manse

Glad you're enjoying it. I thought they might have realised the price wasnt in line with the others and raised it before anyone could purchase it msp_thumbup.gif

Archived