Gibson Brands Forums

Markbass

MrNylon

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used MarkBass for 7 years now...great stuff, and nice -n-lite. I get compliments on my tone every gig.

+1msp_thumbup.gif I've been using a Markbass SD800 for several years now with various Ampeg cabs; the tone-shaping abilities are endless, and I have tons of head room. I do like my old Traynor Custom Special too, but I have to use a good preamp in front of it to get "that sound". The Markbass won't give me the Traynor's sweet tube crunch, but it sounds great and it's 60 pounds lighter!msp_biggrin.gif

+1msp_thumbup.gif I've been using a Markbass SD800 for several years now with various Ampeg cabs; the tone-shaping abilities are endless, and I have tons of head room. I do like my old Traynor Custom Special too, but I have to use a good preamp in front of it to get "that sound". The Markbass won't give me the Traynor's sweet tube crunch, but it sounds great and it's 60 pounds lighter!msp_biggrin.gif

I have an SA450, and the ported 4x10 cab. Add either:

2002 Ebony Thunderbird

2012 Nikki Sixx Thunderbird

2013 NR Thunderbird.

And some dirt. [biggrin]

• 2 weeks later...

I added a like new, but used Micromark 801 to the heard last weekend. It's really impressive for it's size. It seems to throw out a ton more bass sitting on the floor than on a stool. I snapped a shot next to the bigger rig for size comparison.

Micrmark801_zpse8d9901b.jpg

MM801ampLMIII_zpsa214087e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived