Gibson Brands Forums

Readers of UK Guitar magazine voted

Spiritinthesky

That is a really difficult question. I really can't think of anyone, but I remember when I was a teen reading a guitar magazine (mid 80's). They considered George Thorogood to be the most over rated. Giving this some consideration I can't think of a better answer.

To bad you didn't ask for over rated bands. I've got some opinions on that.

Kurt Cobain. Personally I think he's very overrated, didn't really do anything playingwise that was special, he just did what was important; wrote songs that people could connect and relate to. I'm not one of them, but many people obviously did as he's still talked and written about very much.

These polls are fine for discussion but I don't give them much weight because I do feel I can learn something from anybody, even though I was accepted to Berklee and Eastman schools of music (I was very cocky in my youth but these days I learned that everyone has something to offer).

These polls are fine for discussion but I don't give them much weight because I do feel I can learn something from anybody' date=' even though I was accepted to Berklee and Eastman schools of music (I was very cocky in my youth but these days I learned that everyone has something to offer). [/quote']

Definitely. Even if it is to learn what NOT to do/say/learn/act...

Archived