Gibson Brands Forums

If You Like To Write Songs

MissouriPicker

"The thing about writing songs is, everything is songwriting. All you have to do is remember."

Boy, ain't that the truth! What you really need to do is carry around some type of pocket recorder (your iphone, for example) to nail every snippet of lyrics or tune that comes into your head. From some reason, this type of stuff tends to pop up at the most improbable times, and if you don't get it down, it can be gone forever.

I still haven't gotten to the point where I can pull out the phone and record something while walking around the supermarket. People think I'm weird enough as it is.....

Yeah, gentlemen, Clark is pretty cool. I suspect a great many of us in here are a different kind human simply because of our approach to playing guitar and how it plays a role in our lives. I read an article several years ago about Clark meeting Cash for the first time and Clark says "I knew we'd hit it off, cause the big son-of-a-***** is just like me." When I've heard Clark interviewed, I find myself identifying with him. Certainly not in the talent arena, but in that area where we're just people and maybe the place we write from. This video is just how Clark has always come-across in my mind. I know he has made his own guitars for many years, but this is the type of person I see often playing Gibsons and Martins.

Archived