Gibson Brands Forums

Just pulled the trigger on an old Gibby

bonzoboy

I just agreed to buy a lovely 1968 Gibson B-25-12.The guitar had a couple of fairly long cracks on the back but I can fix them up to keep them from getting worse.The lady whose selling it bought it when she had a touch of 60s nostalgia but she found tuning a 12 string a bit of a daunting task so she's selling it. I asked a few questions about the action intonation etc. and she sent me a ream of pix and measurements of the string height all the way up the fretboard and everything looks just fine.She brought it to a luthier to get it checked out and he told her that it was a great sounding and playing guitar,she then took it to get a second opinion and that luthier said the same.They both offered to buy it but really low-balled with their offers,I guess they both intended to flip it for a tidy profit.Anyway I made her an offer that I doubted that she would take but she accepted as long as I paid for the shipping which I'm prepared to do unless it's prohibitively expensive.This will be my first Gibson acoustic and I'm sure that it won't be my last.I'll post pix when she gets here.

Bonzoboy...a B-25-12 string was MY first Gibson Acoustic, too...way back in '66!

Mine was "Cherry Sunburst!" Been kicking myself, ever since I traded it off!

They are Great sounding, for the smaller bodied, slope shouldered guitar they are.

Mine played like a dream, too! So, you should be quite "taken" with it, once you

get it. Again, I wish I had mine back!!

Good Luck, with your's, and Enjoy it!! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

A few hours ago I bid on the old Gibson and it was accepted,so now that it's bought and paid for,all I have to do is wait for it to arrive.It's being sent UPS and I'm wondering how long it would take to ship it from Colorado to Newfoundland which is as far East as you can go in North America.I know that it once took almost 3 weeks for a buddy of mine in California to get a small parcel that I sent.I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now.I'll post pix when she gets into my hot little hands.I'm really anxious to get it now that Charlie Brown speaks so glowingly of it,thanks for your input CB.Cheers.

Archived