Gibson Brands Forums

Great Vintage Gibson Acoustic High Quality Pics

BigKahune

Lots of great Robert Corwin shots - definitely check this website - http://www.oldgibson.com/

The title - Vintage Gibson Company Acoustic Guitars and Mandolins . . . A New Web Site Illustrating the Development of the Gibson Acoustic Guitar; Created by Folk and Roots Music Photographer Robert Corwin; Featuring Instruments from the Phyllis, Jerry, and Robert Corwin Collection

A taste -

110825Gibsons_015.jpg

Gibson08_StyleO_034r.jpg . Gibson08_StyleO_035r.jpg

I need to get some fresh Gibson pictures. Some of these are quite old now.

1930s

30gibs.jpg

1940s

40Gibs.jpg

I don't really have good group photos for pre 1930 Gibsons, 50-60 Gibsons, and non guitars (banjos, uks, mandolins, mandocello, etc.). I feel inadequate now. I don't have enough stands to do them all at once.

Robert (who is a good friend of mine) really loves the old and the fancy -- he has a truly marvelous collection. We tend to buy newer (1930s and later) utilitarian stuff -- it seems more appropriate with my blue collar roots.

We do have some 30 Zoos.

Zoos.jpg

Besy,

-Tom

I need to get some fresh Gibson pictures. Some of these are quite old now.

1940s

40Gibs.jpg

-Tom

Hey Tom,

In the photo above, what is the LG just right of centre? Do you have a closer view of it? It looks a lot like my '46 LG-2, but cannot quite see it well.

Here's mine:

46GibsonLG-2front.jpg

Fred

Hey Tom,

In the photo above, what is the LG just right of centre? Do you have a closer view of it? It looks a lot like my '46 LG-2, but cannot quite see it well.

Here's mine:

46GibsonLG-2front.jpg

Fred

That is exactly what it is. We use it mostly for finger style folk materials -- it rings like a bell.

Best,

-Tom

Archived