Gibson Brands Forums

anne , flatbaroque and other john prine type stuff fans

blindboygrunt

Just wanted to share, I heard a guy on a radio show last night and something struck a chord and after investigating further I'm really loving his latest album and apparently the last few are also highly rated .

He's called Sam baker , album is called say grace. There are various YouTube clips as usual which while good , don't come close to the album. Fantastic background guitars and keyboards which aren't in the live songs really add to the vibe of the album

I know Anne and FB will surely like it but anyone who's enjoying John prine , John fullbright , Rodney Crowell types should also like it.

Good call, BBG. I first heard of Sam Baker earlier this summer. The backstory is that he was in a terrorist bombing of a train in Peru in 1986. A family that was sitting next to him died, as well as another young girl on the train. By his account he should have died as well, but lived.

Here's a song from earlier in his career about his life after the bombing. What I've heard of "Say Grace" is excellent.

Good call, BBG. I first heard of Sam Baker earlier this summer. The backstory is that he was in a terrorist bombing of a train in Peru in 1986. A family that was sitting next to him died, as well as another young girl on the train. By his account he should have died as well, but lived.

Here's a song from earlier in his career about his life after the bombing. What I've heard of "Say Grace" is excellent.

Yeah reading a bit about him I discovered that story. Apparently his left arm was severely damaged , had to rebuild it and he had to relearn guitar all over again.

I can listen to this kind of music all day long. For me it's real. Love the simplistic guitar and fiddle. Very easy-to-listen-to. Awesome stuff. For me, no matter how many ways one can shred notes or how fast they can do it, and how many electronically induced sounds one can make with a guitar, it all pales beside this kind of music......

I can listen to this kind of music all day long. For me it's real. Love the simplistic guitar and fiddle. Very easy-to-listen-to. Awesome stuff. For me, no matter how many ways one can shred notes or how fast they can do it, and how many electronically induced sounds one can make with a guitar, it all pales beside this kind of music......

I'm with you MP...simple is beautiful....that's why I can't stand the over produced pap that passes as music now.......

Archived