Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Custom P90 upgrade

Primemover1

Hi

New to the forum but thought I could share my Epiphone project pics . Was originally Sg Les Paul / Custom but hated the gold so changed the pick ups to Epi 56 P90s , Gibson wiring loom , P90 pick guard , switchcraft switch , grover deluxe tuners . It's Korean and I love it , great action and has that real Townsend snarl .........

null_zpsaab36474.jpg

null_zps49965fe9.jpg

null_zpsdf6477d2.jpg

null_zps4c166a0f.jpg

Nice. That Townsend 'snarl' from Live at Leeds, wow, what a tone. I was hoping the P-90 SG Specials Epi came out with several years ago would be like that: with a separate stop bar for better intonation, big pickguard, and their normal-size neck. That would have been great.

Unfortunately, they did the opposite of all of those things. I bought one online but sold it because of the thin 'D' shaped neck, which was a deal-breaker. Those necks are wide (side-to-side) but very thin (front-to-back). It's like they're too wide for guys with small hands, and too thin for guys with big hands.

Very true like I am a big fan of Live at Leeds kinda sound and I really love the snappy pickup sound as opposed to the him humbucker . I bought this got 150 pounds on eBay and plays smooth and straight , in fact better than my Gibson faded . Probably line to replace pickups to Gibbys but those Epi goldtop ones I have in are pretty responsive very surprised but hey until I meet Pete and blag a 1967 SG from his collection this wil do 👹

• 2 weeks later...

Archived