Gibson Brands Forums

EL-00

jcf6

• 2 weeks later...

The Epiphone acoustics are made in several different Asian countries. Nowadays we do not disclose information anymore about the countries in which the guitars are made, unless it is written on the back of the headstock.

Due to all the fake guitars around, it's safer to not disclose information about the countries and factories.

Kind regards,

Stijn Vergeest

Gibson Europe Customer Service

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the Epiphone EL-00? Are these made in China? What are people paying for these?

Thanks.

I just got a used one, made in China in 2006...Paid $150 for it, no case, and it is a GREAT playing and sounding guitar...Really recommend one of the pre-electric ones - I think they sound better. Sweetwater has the correct Epiphone hard cases for them for $70.

mark

I was very tempted to buy one at Sam Ash for $299 after I played it. The sound was very good and it played very easy. I played it for quite a long time, then I went over to Guitar Center to see what they had and played the Gibson L-00 Pro and noticed things about it that I liked a whole lot better. But for the money, the EL-00 is a great buy.

I was hoping more EL 00 owners would weigh in on theirs....over at that "other" forum I frequent, the common down side seems to be the narrow nut width. But other than that, it gets pretty favorable reviews.

The EL-00 Pro has the wider nut width of (1.68) 1 11/16". The older non electric has a width of (1.65). The wider nut width is an easier player. (IMO)

Faded.....

• 4 weeks later...

I use to have an EL-00 and now have the EL-00 Pro. Didn't have them at the same time so I can't do an A/B. From memory, I don't recall the non-electric version having better tone than the current one. They're both very nice guitars.

• 3 weeks later...

I play mostly electric, so the nut width is not a problem for me...and I can't see that it would really make that much difference...it should be easy enough to adapt to...

FWIW, the sound difference might be between individual guitars, too.

In any case, a beautiful guitar.

mark

Archived