Gibson Brands Forums

Lp, which model?

Jammin'

• 1 month later...

It may also depend on how you like switching options via push/pull or push/push pots. Coil splitting enhances the tonal flexibility through delivering single coil sounds. Besides the contemporary Standard models there are also some Studio LPs featuring it, and the Standards additionally provide reversed polarity, falsely aka out of phase, and bridge pickup pure bypass switching. Traditional Pro II LPs come with coil split and battery-powered boost options.

surprised no one has responded to this.

I think the lack of awareness may be caused by this topic being in the Forum Feedback subforum. There would have been lots of immediate replies in the Les Paul subforum I think. [rolleyes]

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the same boat this time last year. I went to Guitar Center where I fell in love with a left over 2012 Standard, a display model. The Standard that I liked cost $3200(+ tax). It had a AAA Flame Top and was absolutely beutiful as well as great sounding. It did have a few minor imperfections in the finish that disappointed me a little. At that time GC was charging Top $$ for their leftover model. There were no discounted leftovers.

I did get to play it before I bought it. While I was there I also tried out a brand new 2012 Traditional left over that they wanted $2500 for. It too looked and sounded perfect, a little heavier, but the sustain was better. To me these prices seemed high so I got on line and searched and found out that Sweetwater had 2013 models for less money. Only problem with Sweetwater is you cant try it before you buy it. Long story short, I ended up purchasing a 2013 Les Paul Traditional(Caramel Burst)from Sweetwater, for $2200 along with a Marshall DSL40C combo amp with cords/tuner for just under $3000+ no tax. Sweetwater IMO are a class act. They did like a 40 point inspection and added an additional 2 year warantee. Lesson learned here.....Do Not Purchace Anything from Guitar Center. Go to Sweetwater you wont be sorry!

Archived