Gibson Brands Forums

Went to see the Trucks/Tedeschi band

Rabs

So a few of us went to see this gig tonight at the Royal Albert Hall..

Pretty darn good night (thanks to Farns [thumbup] ) Myself, Farns, Flight and Pippy all went along and what a great night.. Not only was it really cool to meet up with people I have been talking too for almost two years now but we got to see this band...

We also got to see Dark Mavis errm, I mean Mavis Stapels (;)) who was like a Soul/Gospel singer and she was also great, got a standing ovation from the crowd.. [thumbup]

As we all know Derek rips it up and he was pretty much on form and Susan has an amazing voice.

Not the greatest sound in the hall but not the worst ive heard there.. If im honest I thought that the band were kinda generic (and that's not saying bad).. But all in all a good evening.

So I thought id upload some footage I took and share with you good folk :) (sorry about the shaky footage, its a new camera and doesn't seem to have an image stabiliser DOH!!)

Guest Farnsbarns

Tonight was a damn fine thing. I haven't laughed as much in ages as we did chatting in the pub, the festival ales were great, the music was brilliant and the company was superb. Thanks for coming everyone!

Great night out, chaps!

I've met up with Farns and Flight 'literally millions' of times but it was nice to finally meet Rabs in person!

I didn't realise who the 'little old lady' who fronted the support band was until she started to relate some of her stories and, as Rabs says, it was Mavis Staples of the Staples Singers!.........[woot]

We were honoured to see her - and in such fine form, too, new knee or not!

Thanks, Farns, for the ticket and the chance to enjoy myself so very much of an evening!

[thumbup]

P.

Sorry for not saying thanks earlier, rabs, but I only got to see the footage a few mins ago.

Good stuff! Not D.T.'s highlight but a bloody good reminder of the eve.

Thanks for posting!

[thumbup]

And let's all get that jam sorted. I, for one, can't wait!

P.

Sorry for not saying thanks earlier, rabs, but I only got to see the footage a few mins ago.

Good stuff! Not D.T.'s highlight but a bloody good reminder of the eve.

Thanks for posting!

[thumbup]

And let's all get that jam sorted. I, for one, can't wait!

P.

Lol.. no worries.. I used that footage as believe it or not it was the least shaky I had (crap camera)...

And yeah im up for a jam.. I can also do pretty much any day.. I guess call the studio and see if theres a good time slot.

(we should probably take this to PMs or emails ;))

Archived