Gibson Brands Forums

Digging my L-00 at gigs

geeterpicker

We had a couple gigs this past weekend and I brought two guitars to each. I also play mando and uke. Friday night was my H&D CM, which is my main gigging guitar, and then the L-00 Pro. I played each about equally. The venue was very noisy and we were playing through mics. (Our bass player, who I've played with for a long, long time has severe tinnitus and can't play loud anymore, so we use mics instead of plugging in to keep our volume down for him.) We were experiencing some trouble trying to get a good mix, because everyone in the place was drinking and yelling. For whatever reason, we couldn't get the Huss' dialed in, which has never happened before. Usually, that guitar projects extremely well. I switched to the L-00 and suddenly I could hear the guitar.

Saturday night, I took my old Martin D-28 and the L-00. I started with the L-00 and it sounded terrific, then for the last two songs of the first set, switched to the Martin, because the tunes were more bluegrass oriented. It was like instant mud. I love that guitar, but after hearing all those clear notes from the Gibby, I couldn't get used to the woof and boom of the Martin. It went back on the stand and I used the L-00 exclusively the rest of the night.

That guitar is far more versatile than I ever imagined it would be. It's not what I would call the ideal bluegrass guitar, but one can flatpick on it to very good effect.

I've had this guitar for 11 months now and the tone is really improving. Sure glad I bought it.

For whatever reason, we couldn't get the Huss' dialed in, which has never happened before. Usually, that guitar projects extremely well. I switched to the L-00 and suddenly I could hear the guitar. Saturday night, I took my old Martin D-28 and it was like instant mud. I used the L-00 exclusively the rest of the night. That guitar is far more versatile than I ever imagined it would b
Love these field reports, Brian. This is not helping to calm my L00 cravings.

Archived