Gibson Brands Forums

Speaking of Dylan........

j45nick

Not quite like a rolling stone......

My link

Don't stop after the first viewing. Use the up/down keys on your keyboard to get more perspectives. In some ways, this is Bobby Z at his best: you can accept the first thing you see, and say "well, that's nice". Or you can dig a little deeper, and peel back the layers of the onion.

Others might say it's Dylan at his worst.

Hey don't come and say classic Dylan doesn't reach into modern day and age.

And look at those guys negotiating around the little Martin - seems to be some issues there.

I got through 5 or 6 runs and suddenly saw Bob himself inside maze.

Nick, , , have you gone far enough to find a deeper clue or is it 'just' the kaleidoscope of situations. . .

Btw. the 30's layer is quite serious -

I used to have a lecturer who would say "life is like an onion, full of many layers and every one of them's bitter and rotten to the core" he was a right cheery soul.

And his metaphors were crap as well. How can any layer of a multi-layered object be rotten to the core? Now Tolstoy, he knew how to express this sentiment: 'La vie n'est qu'une terrine de merde et il faut manger'.

And his metaphors were crap as well. How can any layer of a multi-layered object be rotten to the core? Now Tolstoy, he knew how to express this sentiment: 'La vie n'est qu'une terrine de merde et il faut manger'.

Haw haw haw :D

Well, something else about crazy Geoff was that he was forever away on hospital appointments for some internal ailment... one of the senior directors quipped one day that "Geoff is only difficult because he's been fingered by every Med student in Glasgow" naturally, it stuck....

Oh come on now, Nick, we've all thought it many a time :D

Actually, I have to remain optimistic in the face of adversity to maintain my sanity. Unfortunately, my wife's son didn't do that, and killed himself two weeks ago. Anytime I think I have it bad, I just thank God I'm still here, and still willing to move forward no matter how tough things seem.

You develop a bit of that attitude as you get older, often out of necessity.

Actually, I have to remain optimistic in the face of adversity to maintain my sanity. Unfortunately, my wife's son didn't do that, and killed himself two weeks ago. Anytime I think I have it bad, I just thank God I'm still here, and still willing to move forward no matter how tough things seem.

You develop a bit of that attitude as you get older, often out of necessity.

Sorry for your loss nick.

Hope your wife stays strong as she is able to.

Had a cousin who took his own life recently. You have my sympathies. Never saw that part earlier. Now I'm ashamed of my god flippancy in the previous post. Apologies dude.

No apology necessary. I use "God" in a generic or cultural sense, as a common turn of phrase. Ultimately, you pick yourself up, and move forward. My point was that as you get older, you suffer more and more loss that could drive you to the brink, and just have to learn to accept loss as an inevitable part of life.

It should make for some great songwriting, but I'm just not that capable.

Archived