Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone riviera nick valensi help

flip5o5

Depending on what video, you watch...he seems to have several Riviera's.

Natural, and Vintage Burst.

I saw one that has a "crown" headstock inlay, and 2 than had NO

headstock inlay. So...??? I looked like his original must have had the inlay,

and his (later) signature versions, don't. Which seems to go with what

we've seen, photo wise, of the signature models. But, I'm (still) sure,

I've seen an early Elitist version, with the standard Riviera "oval" inlay.

May have been the initial (earlist) signature model...maybe the first run?

Or, even just a advertising prototype? After that, there was no inlay, as

is common now. So...???

CB

Nick Valensi is from The Strokes? Lol. About ten years ago I had to yell at a couple of those guys for throwing chairs around the venue they had played that night while we were shutting down (I was working there at the time). I was expecting them to be total nubs, but they stopped and apologized. They were cool. Not sure which two they were. One was the drummer, I think.

Hey guys, thanks to all of you for your help. After hearing this discussion I've made the decision to keep the guitar, I'd say I got a good deal even with the downgraded pickups, I could always upgrade it back to p94's at some point in the future. I don't mind the the replacement trc because the signature on guitars explanation on the previous page is an ideology I somewhat hold myself. The pick guard is also not a particular quelm of mine. I appreciate everyone's help and look forward to being part of these boards!

Hey guys, thanks to all of you for your help. After hearing this discussion I've made the decision to keep the guitar, I'd say I got a good deal even with the downgraded pickups, I could always upgrade it back to p94's at some point in the future. I don't mind the the replacement trc because the signature on guitars explanation on the previous page is an ideology I somewhat hold myself. The pick guard is also not a particular quelm of mine. I appreciate everyone's help and look forward to being part of these boards!

Flip - I think that's a good move.

The Korean Valensi has a well constructed body with a super fast neck,

and yes, if you wanted you could easily pop a pair of P94s back in it.

Congrats!

Archived