Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie needs help Please

r60r60us

Hello,

I have a SG standard (I believe) that was made in 1991. What I cannot figure out is why the input jack is located on the bottom side like a Les Paul & not on the front of the guitar. Also, the treble switch is located on the side of the control knobs, not on top of them. Ser # 90031449

What gives? Is this a rare one?

How do I post pictures here?

Thanks

Bob

Hello' date='

I have a SG standard (I believe) that was made in 1991. What I cannot figure out is why the input jack is located on the bottom side like a Les Paul & not on the front of the guitar. Also, the treble switch is located on the side of the control knobs, not on top of them. Ser # 90031449

What gives? Is this a rare one?

How do I post pictures here?

Thanks

Bob[/quote']

it's probably a 1980's model.yeah there kinda weird.i don't get why the pickguard doesn't come between the neck pickup and the fretboard.

I'm thinking this may help; it is from the Gibson Electric Serialization. 11th edition Blue Book of Electric Guitars.

Between 1977 and June 2005, Gibson used the convention of an impressed 8-digit serial number. This applies to the standard build Gibson Electrics and not Custom/Historic or ART series. It follows YDDDYPPP format. So with your serial number, it looks like it could be:

Year: 1991

Day: 003 (Jan 3)

Instrument build of the day: 149 (they reset the serial number at either 300 or 500 each day).

Of course I could be completely ate up. I am trying to figure out how to upload a PDF file, but you can always Google.

Good luck

Archived