Gibson Brands Forums

1996 doves in flight

sooskee

Hi, new here, I was offered a 1996 "doves in flight"for one of my electrics and I was wondering if anybody knows what it may be worth? It is #55out of 250 it is beautiful in the pictures. I would just like to get a ballpark figure before I go look at it so that I don't jump the gun and regret it later.1996 seems tough to find any information on.

Thanks

Hi, new here, I was offered a 1996 "doves in flight"for one of my electrics and I was wondering if anybody knows what it may be worth? It is #55out of 250 it is beautiful in the pictures. I would just like to get a ballpark figure before I go look at it so that I don't jump the gun and regret it later.1996 seems tough to find any information on.

Thanks

It's going to depend on the condition. I know the guitar, in good condition, it's stellar!

It should be blonde, standard Dove pickguard, double parallelograms on the fretboard, with inlaid doves on the headstock, (I forget how many, either 3 or 7).

In good but played condition, I'd put the value at about $3K, but that's just me.

It'll also depend on how it sounds....but I LOVE the way Doves sound anyway.

Gibson does not have the guitar listed in their 1996 price list so it would be a very limited run and I'm sure they didn't hit the projected 250. They were always optimistic in their projections, They do list the guitar in the 1998 price list under Special Customs and the price listed is $5.499.00. They are amazing guitars and hold their value very well. Hope you can make a good deal on it.

Archived