Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus

kjeokiedog

Traded for a new one of these today, Vintage Sunburst

Had to adjust the neck to be a little less bowed.

Tweaked the Bridge down a full turn on each side.

had to slightly adjust the intonation on the G,B,E strings.

Plugged in checked all the electronics, perfect.

The 57 classics are wonderful and LOUD.

For those who will demand pics, they are on the Epiphone website [thumbup]

Very good Hardcase comes with this guitar too, one of the best factory

supplied cases I've seen, other than Taylors.

Congrats, Kjeokiedog, HNGD! [thumbup]

These truly are great guitars, own myself one of them, and so I also can confirm your opinion about the case coming stock.

A fine guitar in a nice case, and a real bargain. Very cool catch, mate! B)

Congratulations on getting a great guitar! What did you trade for it?

Yes we all know what a tribute looks like, but we want to see what YOURS looks like! [thumbup]

We must have pics! [biggrin]

I reached my Limit on pics already and it looks exactly like the one on the Epi website [woot]

The digital cameras that I have aren't worth S@#% and take crappy pics, so I gotta get around that somehow, first. :( :-k

Serial # F320409 Thru guitardater comes up Japan March 2003 [confused][crying][scared][laugh]

This is a New Guitar just showed up in the LMS last week.

Oh, gave up my Gibby SG for it. No slamming, it wasn't getting used and I only got room for 4 so One had to go to get another :(

Congrats, Kjeokiedog, HNGD! [thumbup]

These truly are great guitars, own myself one of them, and so I also can confirm your opinion about the case coming stock.

A fine guitar in a nice case, and a real bargain. Very cool catch, mate! B)

Thanks Capmaster,

It was in the LMS for less than a week when I spotted it while in for my lesson on Saturday. Went home and looked it up and read all the reviews . Went over on thursday,(yesterday) and made the trade before it got nabbed by someone else.

Last on my list is a 339Pro vintage sunburst and the LMS says they have 2 of those ordered so, Hoping at least one of the 2 is perfect cause I am picky about finish work . [thumbup]

I reached my Limit on pics already and it looks exactly like the one on the Epi website [woot]

The digital cameras that I have aren't worth S@#% and take crappy pics, so I gotta get around that somehow, first. :( :-k

Serial # F320489 Thru guitardater comes up Japan March 2003 [confused][crying][scared][laugh]

This is a New Guitar just showed up in the LMS last week.

Oh, gave up my Gibby SG for it. No slamming, it wasn't getting used and I only got room for 4 so One had to go to get another :(

Sorry for your SG, but what must, that must... :rolleyes:

There is no reliable decoding for the Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus made in PRC serial numbers. Found it out when I tried to fix mine... ;)

Your guitar is NOT MiJ, guitardater can't decipher the "F 3...." serials from Epi

According to my research here

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/237179-f-serials-tributes-others-12.html#post5847940

Your guitar was made somewhen between July-Sept 2013

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Epiphone_Serial_Number_Decoding#.22F.22-Serial_numbers_used_on_LP_Std.2759.2FStd.2760_models_and_.27Tribute.27.2F.27Tribute-Plus.27_models

Yeah... I was relating that the dater wasn't correct, [biggrin] , I had been following some threads that said the newest models wouldn't track right, so I tried it just for fun to see how far off it would be, Guitar has a "handcrafted in China" sticker on headstock

and due to shipping times being as long as they are, your July -sept assessment is most likely accurate!

HERES A PICpost-60478-029344100 1391272274_thumb.jpg

Archived