Gibson Brands Forums

2 Used Birds available

music4love

If anyone is interested, there are 2 used Gibson Birds available. I like to do some online Bird watching from time to time and happened to spot these flying in the wild.

The first one is this 2011 Hummingbird True Vintage at 12 fret. https://www.12fret.com/content/2014/01/22/2011-gibson-hummingbird-true-vintage/

Then I spotted this great sounding Doves in Flight Brazilian Rosewood. THis one should be on the endangered species list.

Yes, they are obviously wrong. Viewing old photos of these models clearly shows them to both be shades of gray.

Yes, colour processing of old film Vs newer digital technology has no bearing on it either... a mere technicality. Bozeman are blatantly wrong and dont know how to spray a hummingbird at all..... for that guady overly red into a banana yellow one must purchase an Epiphone example. [rolleyes]

Red and yellow are great for those big floppy clown shoes you have in the back of your closet, PM. But not a guitar.

However, I am jonesing for a Pelham Blue J45.

Seriously, that Dove is destined for a collector somewhere. Sounds as good as it looks. For $15k, you should also be able to afford a museum quality display case. Apparently, it's "previously owned".

Yeah, the Ronald McDonald signature model in special clownburst red & yellow. :D

I like the idea of the DIF, but it's a wee bit blingy for my tastes really.... to be honest I dont think there's a guitar out there I'd pay 15k for.... Not even if I won the Euromillions. I'm not crying at anyone for doing so, but I just don't feel there's a guitar out there I'd pay 15K for. Simple as that.....

I know the usual course of action here is to say you'd commission some Ren model as a special order or something, but he does all that carved malarkey that I've no interest in. If I had enough cash to choke a horse thrust into my palms tomorrow with the order to buy a guitar, I'd probably waste a chunk of it buying a JB model and spend the rest like Georgie Best....

The True Vintage looks nice, but what happened to the finish on the headstock ?

gibson-hummingbird-tv-2011-cons-head-front-1_zps33e93b99.jpg

I suspect one of those leather guitar strap type hangers that attaches to the tuner post might have been the culprit. I've seen it before. But since I have no association with the prior owner, I can't be 100% sure of it.

Archived