Gibson Brands Forums

This may not be the right place to ask this...

PrairieSchooner

I'd like to find a truss rod cover, but not for a guitar, for my Mastertone banjo. It has a plain black one and I'd like to have at least one with the white edge. The hole spacing is shorter than my J-200 so a guitar cover won't work; any ideas where to find one? Thanks...

Try ebay, Try Terrapin, Try all parts..... will pop back in if I can think of more off the top of my head.

Thanks; have tried the usual suspects (ebay etc.) and no one seems to have anything I'm confident will fit; most are advertised as fitting a guitar. And I hate to be picky, but I'm looking for something in the Gibson "bell" shape; a lot of them (like those in the link) seem to be stylized.

If there's enough room on a standard Gibson TR cover I would keep the bell end in tact and machine the narrow end and put a new hole in it.

Look at the sketch below. If you can tell me what you need and the old hole can be cut away I will help you.

trcover_zps621c6e22.png

Dave, thanks for your very kind offer! The entire cover would have to be reworked as the banjo cover is only an inch wide at the bell end. The screw holes are 2" apart; it would be tight to make a new hole and rework the shape to avoid the old hole, but it might work. I think I'm still in the "thinking" stage for now. Thanks again!

Does anyone know if all the guitar covers for the different models or even the electrics are the same size?

Archived