Gibson Brands Forums

Stolen Stradivarius recovered

Windmills Optional

That's good news...mind the crimbos don't seem to be the smartest,,

The suspect, a 41-year-old Milwaukee man, was accused of stealing a $25,000 sculpture from a downtown art gallery in 1995 and then trying to sell the piece back to the gallery's owner four years later, the paper reporter. [crying] .[scared] ..............................[biggrin].

Don't like villains.

Glad it had a happy ending.

I wonder if the $100,000 reward for information was crucial in the instrument being tracked down so speedily.

.....fwiw by a fairly spooky co-incidence I was listening to Paganini's Violin Concerto No. 1 ("..in Re maggiore.." apparently!) when I logged in just now.............................[blink]

P.

In the case of artworks that are stolen and remain lost for years, when those artworks are recovered, to whom are they returned... to the previous owner or to the insurance company that has paid the previous owner for his loss? Or is the insurance company SOL?

In the case of artworks that are stolen and remain lost for years, when those artworks are recovered, to whom are they returned... to the previous owner or to the insurance company that has paid the previous owner for his loss? Or is the insurance company SOL?

I'm guessing the insurance company would probably get it if the claim has been paid out???? The flame on the back of that fiddle is very nice.

Archived