Gibson Brands Forums

February

Kyler Patrick

Hey guys, it's been a VERY long time since I've been on the Gibson community, but I'm back! A lot has changed since I've been gone, but I never put down the guitar. Just recently I started writing some of my own music. I try to write music that means something to me and I would love for y'all to check this one out. It's a bit long and I made some minor errors, but nothing that throws it off. I'll put the description below...

Description: On February 1, 2013, a good friend of mine passed away. He was diagnosed with brain cancer quite a few years before and the fight was rough. I wrote this today to not only remember who he was, but also what he taught us. To not be afraid or discouraged, even in the darkest times, but to be strong and courageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2uEC7M0wY

If you like it, please like the video and share it! :) But if you have something to say, please do it! I know most of y'all are better at this than I am and I would love it if some wisdom was shared.

The song was played on an Epiphone PR-150 and recorded on a MacBook Air with GarageBand and a Blue Microphones Snowball. Capo was on the third fret.

Enjoy!! :)

That was freakin awesome friend!!! It had a very nice and emotionally provoking melody. Very well put together. I was moved by it, very pretty tune indeed. The only thing I would do to it, is make it slightly faster, other than that I think you did damn good. Izzys beautiful voice over that would be ultra nice also [thumbup]

That was freakin awesome friend!!! It had a very nice and emotionally provoking melody. Very well put together. I was moved by it, very pretty tune indeed. The only thing I would do to it, is make it slightly faster, other than that I think you did damn good. Izzys beautiful voice over that would be ultra nice also [thumbup]

Thanks man! I'll definitely try speeding it up and maybe knock 30 seconds off the time.

I'm also very flattered that you were moved by it. That's my goal in all my music. For it to mean something to the listener. Something deep. I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Guest Farnsbarns

This is really very very nice. I have one constructive criticism but I really want to be clear, I'm nit-picking just because it's so nice...

There is a fair amount of string squeek coming from your picking hand. This might even be the recording technique.

This is really very very nice. I have one constructive criticism but I really want to be clear, I'm nit-picking just because it's so nice...

There is a fair amount of string squeek coming from your picking hand. This might even be the recording technique.

Thank you for the criticism. Yeah I'm going to upgrade to an electric acoustic guitar soon and ProTools. So instead of using the Blue Snowball mic and GarageBand, I can use an interface to plug the guitar into my mac. That way things like string squeaks will become a thing of the past. Thanks again! [thumbup]

Archived