Gibson Brands Forums

My stolen Gibson Byrdland and Gibson LeGrand

jimmyl51

Frank's clientelle ranged all over the USA as he was undercutting all of the Guitar Centers at the time. Gibson had issued a cease and desist order against him in violation of their policies. The guy has escaped to Mexico as he is half Mexican and half American and speaks fluent Spanish. He is evading US authorities also. My hope is that he may have moved these instruments to somebody that does read this forum possibly.

Well, I hope your guitars were insured! Because, they're GONE!

I lost $25,000 dollars worth of camera gear, in L.A., and the cops

told me to just forget about it, and file my insurance claim.

Because no one was hurt, or killed, during the theft, they wouldn't

even bother looking for my gear, as in their very words, "it's long gone,

on the other side of the border!" In fact, they wouldn't even

come out, to take fingerprints! Even though, by just the dollar

amount alone, it was a "Grand Theft" felony! Cars, guitars, camera gear,

anything of any value, that's stolen is quickly "fenced" or

transfered across the border. So, if you aren't bleeding, or

they aren't bleeding...you might as well kiss it all good bye,

and replace them. Sorry... [crying]

CB

Yeah they were insured however the insurance co. refused to pay on the claim.......I had known this guy for some 25 years and had at one time considered him a really good friend.........didn't know that he was into gambling however especially to the extent that he was come to find out.........oh well right?

Yeah they were insured however the insurance co. refused to pay on the claim.......I had known this guy for some 25 years and had at one time considered him a really good friend.........didn't know that he was into gambling however especially to the extent that he was come to find out.........oh well right?

Yeah, Gambling can be an "addiction" just like drugs, and as people get desperate,

friends and family alike, get "burned!" Sad! Sorry, for the loss of your guitars,

and your "at one time good friend," too. If you filed a police report, on the stolen

guitars, the insurance company should have to pay the claim. Otherwise, why have any

insurance, in the first place. But, Don't Get Me Started, on "Insurance companies!" [cursing]

CB

Archived