Gibson Brands Forums

So I bought a Dove

strumbert

I was surfing a few weeks back and bought a Dove on line while under the influence. When I woke the next day, I tried to cancel the order, knowing I didn't need another guitar. Anyway, it arrived a few days ago, and I don't think it's going back. For an all maple guitar, it sounds very different than my EJ-200. Much deeper and richer, not as mid-rangy as the EJ, and despite the body size, it's much heavier. I like the tone overall, and it will benefit greatly from a set-up. All in all, I think it's a keeper. Any other love for the Dove?

The Dove is a great guitar with its maple tones and looks! Epiphone makes dozens of fine guitars. And uh...if you continue to "fall under the influence"...you may just end up with all of them! But hey, that wouldn't so bad would it? ...Excuse me, I'm on my 6th beer...and I am about to click this link...it always means trouble...!! http://www.epiphone....c-Electric.aspx unsure.gif

The Dove is a great guitar with its maple tones and looks! Epiphone makes dozens of fine guitars. And uh...if you continue to "fall under the influence"...you may just end up with all of them! But hey, that wouldn't so bad would it? ...Excuse me, I'm on my 6th beer...and I am about to click this link...it always means trouble...!! http://www.epiphone....c-Electric.aspx unsure.gif

GL, this is my 5th Epi. I was up to 6 at one time, but sold a few to make $. I love em.

Each instrument, even within a "type," will bring something different to the player. It's the player's job to determine if it somehow is an immediate bond or, as happened to me, becomes a guitar you don't care to play but can't part with. In that latter situation... the guitar you see in my avatar literally sat in the case over 20 years until an odd human feeling brought it into the sunlight, put on a different set and type of strings and...

m

GL, this is my 5th Epi. I was up to 6 at one time, but sold a few to make $. I love em.

That's what happened to me...I bought my first Epiphone acoustic last summer...now I have 5 of them.

I had NO IDEA they are this good!

Enjoy it!

I am loving this thing. I put new strings on it, I think it came with 80/20's & I put some phobros on it, and it made a big difference. It is a lush sounding guitar, and I'm finding that the best tones require a very specific attack. I'm getting to know what it wants, to give me what I love to hear. I think it's a keeper.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

I was surfing a few weeks back and bought a Dove on line while under the influence. When I woke the next day, I tried to cancel the order, knowing I didn't need another guitar. Anyway, it arrived a few days ago, and I don't think it's going back. For an all maple guitar, it sounds very different than my EJ-200. Much deeper and richer, not as mid-rangy as the EJ, and despite the body size, it's much heavier. I like the tone overall, and it will benefit greatly from a set-up. All in all, I think it's a keeper. Any other love for the Dove?

I bought my Dove (used) from a Guitar Center in Pennsylvania a little over a year ago....and I must say it's one of the 'sweetest-sounding' acoustic guitars in my collection....I definitely wouldn't part with it!! I'm now the proud owner of 11 Epiphones!

Archived