Gibson Brands Forums

Can't find Model or Serial number on this Epiphone

Serio

Almost 20 years ago I was given an all white Epiphone electric guitar. The neck and body are one solid piece so there is no neck plate like some have. It has three pickups: one humbucker and two single coil pickups and there is no pick guard. I only played the guitar once then put it up and forgo about it till recently. When I took it in to the music store to get some work done on it one customer offered my $1500 for it as it is. Later the guitar tech who has been working in the field for 30+ years told me that it is worth over $3000.

I have no idea what the real value is and can not find any model or serial number anywhere on the instrument. All I've been able to find out is that it appears to be one of the Epiphone Strat series. I was thinking of selling it but would never ask an unfair price so, I am hoping someone here can tell me something about its real value.

post-65070-069458400 1398815626_thumb.jpg

Almost 20 years ago I was given an all white Epiphone electric guitar. The neck and body are one solid piece so there is no neck plate like some have. It has three pickups: one humbucker and two single coil pickups and there is no pick guard. I only played the guitar once then put it up and forgo about it till recently. When I took it in to the music store to get some work done on it one customer offered my $1500 for it as it is. Later the guitar tech who has been working in the field for 30+ years told me that it is worth over $3000.

I have no idea what the real value is and can not find any model or serial number anywhere on the instrument. All I've been able to find out is that it appears to be one of the Epiphone Strat series. I was thinking of selling it but would never ask an unfair price so, I am hoping someone here can tell me something about its real value.

What you have is an X-1000 / Nouveau Spotlight. They go for a bit but not usually that much.

See if the tech would give you $3000.00 for itmsp_thumbup.gif, if not, call him out for spewing BSmsp_cursing.gif, and find another techmsp_crying.gif

I've been spewing BS for about 30 years, maybe moremsp_scared.gifmsp_laugh.gif and "fixing" guitars even longer unsure.giflaugh.gif

I love my Epiphones, but do not overstate their value...after all...they are "only Epiphone's"...msp_laugh.gif Best cheap/inexpensive guitars presently being produced (imho)...lolmsp_smile.gif

Archived