Gibson Brands Forums

Posting videos

RichG

I made a cell phone you tube of my J55. What's the socially acceptable way to post it? Should I put it in the performance thread? I think it serves two purposes. First it will let those interested hear the J55. Second, it will make almost everybody feel better about their playing skills. [rolleyes]

Rich

Ha! Funny, Rich.

First off, you've got a '39 J-55? You post that video down here right now! There are many here who've never seen that interesting combination of appointments and art deco design touches. Think of it as a public service.

Secondly, threads are not exactly flying off of the page on this forum; as in, 10 today, vs ... 72 threads posted to for the AGF. Today. If it gets moved, we'll be ok with that, too.

Thanks, & looking forward to seeing this unique part of Gibson history.

Nice. The Fab 4 did a cover of The Sheik of Araby just as their sound was morphing from The Quarrymen (YouTube).

A bit of a teaser, though (your vid); hoping for a guided tour of the git's features, or some stills. Thanks for sharing.

That guitar sounds great , Rich. I have a video of the guys at Russo's playing it from when I ran into you last year. Those guys strum hard, and it doesn't do the guitar justice. Your picking, on the other hand...

Question regarding your picks? I wear fingerpicks, when I use them with the picks curving away from the palm side. It seems you are wearing them with the picks curved towards the palm side. Am I doing it wrong? Tips?

That guitar sounds great , Rich. I have a video of the guys at Russo's playing it from when I ran into you last year. Those guys strum hard, and it doesn't do the guitar justice. Your picking, on the other hand...

Question regarding your picks? I wear fingerpicks, when I use them with the picks curving away from the palm side. It seems you are wearing them with the picks curved towards the palm side. Am I doing it wrong? Tips?

Sal, I have the picks curving away too, but the pick on my middle finger is twisted toward the side because that's the way it works for my self taught "style". I also dont have the correct pattern whereas I don't use my index finger properly. I do a lot of pinching to get melody notes but not too much in between.

Honestly, this guitar doesn't sound as good as my SCSJ. I did find a YouTube of a guy playing one at Norman's Rare Guitars and I think it sounds like mine, too.

Here's a quick video tour for those who haven't seen pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSE4ntVO00&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PS... Your LG2-AE... Thank You. She has a lifelong home with me now.

I'm really glad you got it. I know you liked it as much as I did, maybe more, when it was at the store. I like the way it sounds in your hands.

Nice. The Fab 4 did a cover of The Sheik of Araby just as their sound was morphing from The Quarrymen (YouTube).

A bit of a teaser, though (your vid); hoping for a guided tour of the git's features, or some stills. Thanks for sharing.

62Burst

Here's a link to a thread that was up a while back with pictures. My picture posting skills are nil, so Toby helped me out.

I play in a local Jug Band and we do a version of the Sheik, inspired by Jim Kweskin and The Jug Band.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/104182-the-famous-gibson-j-55-that-once-belonged-to-j-geils/page__p__1408496__hl__toby+walker__fromsearch__1#entry1408496

Rich

Archived