Gibson Brands Forums

Check out these three

slk

Quick question?? I am assuming that the DOT Deluxe are more desirable than the standard DOT????? This one supposedly is a 2006 year. I don't see any new productions of the Deluxe model being made. Originally were they a little more expensive than the standard ones? Any info would be a great help.

Thanks

Steve

Quick question?? I am assuming that the DOT Deluxe are more desirable than the standard DOT????? This one supposedly is a 2006 year. I don't see any new productions of the Deluxe model being made. Originally were they a little more expensive than the standard ones? Any info would be a great help.

Thanks

Steve

Do you desired it? That's all that matters.

rct

Thanks

Steve

They have had a couple of runs of Dot Deluxe that I have seen. 1998 - 1999, 2000 - 2001, 2001 - present(not sure of the latest run)

Real differences are the Laminated Maple body with flame maple top ,gold hardware, and the Two '57 Classic Alnico humbuckers I believe.

I own a Dot Deluxe from 2000, and it's wonderful sounding guitar, but can be a bit muddy sounding

It's great for blues and traditional rock, I would not try to use this guitar for thrash metal or anything like that.

Just my humble opinion

ArGo [thumbup]

Archived