Gibson Brands Forums

pic post test

jannusguy

seem to having some difficulties posting pics. when i click on the img code in photobucket it's not taking. when i go to add a pic here, it's pasting whatever the previous thing i copied was, a URL or whatever. not the pic. weird. one more try'

edit; ain't working. anyone else having any issues with photobucket?

I quit using photobucket because it was always freezing up when I was uploading pics for ebay. Once they were successfully uploaded I seldom had issues. I use tinypic now. If it's just a throwaway pic I want to upload to post on a board I don't even bother logging in. You don't need an account with tinypic... however if you DO create a (free) account you can upload and later remove pics.... if you don't log in to "your stuff" then there's no way to retrieve, edit, delete, etc.

So try 'not' using the image code from photobucket; just copy the url of the pic and use the img icon here, which is just html.

If you are on Windows I have seen issues where the "clipboard" gets corrupted. I am guessing it isn't a Photobucket issue.

Try a reboot first....always the first thing to try with Windows.

If not try this little procedure:

For Windows XP

1. Begin by first clicking on the Start Button.

2. Then click on Run Icon, which will open up the Run Menu for you.

3. Locate the white area of the screen next to the word Open: in the Run Menu.

4. Now type in the abbreviated word Clipbrd and click on the OK button to launch the Program.

5. Notice how the Clipboard contains a record of your recent copy and paste inputs.

6. To empty your Clipboard, click on the word Edit located within your top tool bar area.

7. Then click on the word Delete from the pull down menu that appears.

8. Windows will ask you if you want to Clear the contents of the Clipboard.

9. Click on the Yes button to allow Windows to clear the Clipboard.

10. Notice how your former imputed information is now cleared from the Clipboard.

11. Then close the Clipbook Viewer Window to return to your Windows session.

Jannus....I had the same problem.....I would click the IMG box and a little yellow prompt would come up indicating "copied" but when I would go to paste.....it was blank....So here is my get-around....not very techie but it works for me....If you click the IMG box on the left, you may notice that the script it is supposed to be copying has not been highlighted....but if you click on the script box, it will highlight the IMG script....then go to your menu and pull down the menu and hit copy....then paste into the forum post and all is well.....good luck

Jannus....I had the same problem.....I would click the IMG box and a little yellow prompt would come up indicating "copied" but when I would go to paste.....it was blank....So here is my get-around....not very techie but it works for me....If you click the IMG box on the left, you may notice that the script it is supposed to be copying has not been highlighted....but if you click on the script box, it will highlight the IMG script....then go to your menu and pull down the menu and hit copy....then paste into the forum post and all is well.....good luck

Guest salemaker

Did you get the Photobucket thing figured out? My daughter helped me do mine. Check it out at the link below.

All the photos within the body of the item description were uploaded from PB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=160309162230&Category=33025&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Let me know if you need help.

Archived