Gibson Brands Forums

home made pickups and extreme ingenuity.

Guest Farnsbarns

Just curious...was this an idea you came up with or are there plans online somewhere?

I only ask because when I was rebuilding an Epiphone LP back in June & July, I bought the parts to build a pair of P90s from StewMac based on the advice of my long-time tech guru. When it came time to wind them, his rig was so similar to yours, it's kinda spooky! I'd never seen a DIY coil winder before and I was really impressed.

I just watched your video, and as I said, the similarity is incredible!

Guess great minds do indeed think alike! [wink]

In any event, whatever works, right?

BTW - the set I had wound are 2 of the sweetest sounding P90s I've ever heard. Looks like a lotta work, but they turned out to be well worth the effort.

Thanks for sharing the video... [thumbup] Always interesting to see how folks approach DIY challenges.

Guest Farnsbarns

Just curious...was this an idea you came up with or are there plans online somewhere?

I only ask because when I was rebuilding an Epiphone LP back in June & July, I bought the parts to build a pair of P90s from StewMac based on the advice of my long-time tech guru. When it came time to wind them, his rig was so similar to yours, it's kinda spooky! I'd never seen a DIY coil winder before and I was really impressed.

I just watched your video, and as I said, the similarity is incredible!

Guess great minds do indeed think alike! [wink]

In any event, whatever works, right?

BTW - the set I had wound are 2 of the sweetest sounding P90s I've ever heard. Looks like a lotta work, but they turned out to be well worth the effort.

Thanks for sharing the video... [thumbup] Always interesting to see how folks approach DIY challenges.

Oh, that vids is not mine, just stumbled upon it. No intention to mislead, I might edit my OP.

Archived