Gibson Brands Forums

My ES-175

Californiaman

DeVeeWee:

It's a five watt, class-A, point-to-point amp with a specially designed 8" Gibson Goldtone speaker. They discontinued them in '06.

They originally sold for $800.00. You can get them used for around $400.00. I got mine brand new for $350.00 from a music dealer near me. It had been sitting in his store virtually untouched for two years. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqX4ZxEO1Y4

and another link

DeVeeWee:

It's a five watt' date=' class-A, point-to-point amp with a specially designed 8" Gibson Goldtone speaker. They discontinued them in '06.

They originally sold for $800.00. You can get them used for around $400.00. I got mine brand new for $350.00 from a music dealer near me. It had been sitting in his store virtually untouched for two years. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqX4ZxEO1Y4

and another link

[/quote']

Powerful amp for a 5 Watter. Lucky you Californiaman! With your small amp you seemed to get that real Gibson LP sound(long fat sustain)

Powerful amp for a 5 Watter. Lucky you Californiaman! With your small amp you seemed to get that real Gibson LP sound(long fat sustain)

DeVeeWee,

that's not me playing at all on those videos.

But it goes to show what you can get out of this lil' sweet thang.

DeVeeWee' date='

that's not me playing at all on those videos.

But it goes to show what you can get out of this lil' sweet thang.[/quote']

I was so far to understand it wasn't you, but apart of that, you've got a fabulous amp there. I'm a Fender amp player (DeVille and Princeton)but at this very moment I'm searching for the ideal small tube amp to play at home, low volume but still with enough overdrive to let my LP scream. The Fenders I reserve for playing the jazzy stuff on my ES, and I can tell you that combination is pretty fantastic.

Thank you DeVeeWee.

I love it when I can dial in the sweet spot on the Fender Two-tone. It's just like a Blues Jr. but has a larger cabinet and a 10" and 12" inch speaker. It rips with tone. Crystal clear highs, nice mids and great low end. It's very responsive too. Just 15 watts. If you can find one for a good price it's a great investment. I saw one selling for $2,500 on the internet recently, but that place was in Australia. Thanks again.

Archived