Gibson Brands Forums

I finally found a thumb pick I like

onewilyfool

Planet Waves large…..for some reason, this one is the most comfortable and best sounding thumb pick I've ever used!!! I know these things are a matter of taste, but I thought I'd post this anyway……I've gone through a lot to get to this one! Just sounds the best for bass runs, AND for strumming, just something about them...

http://www.planetwaves.com/publish/pwProductDetail.aspx?ActiveID=4115&productid=94&productname=Thumb_Picks__Large__5_Pack&sid=5cc3ddaa-267c-49e4-8328-8badcdbef7bc

Planet Waves large…..for some reason, this one is the most comfortable and best sounding thumb pick I've ever used!!! I know these things are a matter of taste, but I thought I'd post this anyway……I've gone through a lot to get to this one! Just sounds the best for bass runs, AND for strumming, just something about them...

http://www.planetwaves.com/publish/pwProductDetail.aspx?ActiveID=4115&productid=94&productname=Thumb_Picks__Large__5_Pack&sid=5cc3ddaa-267c-49e4-8328-8badcdbef7bc

Looks like a good thick one. I use a thick Dunlap one (the clear pointy one.) Thickness is what makes them so good. Watch out though. One you get used to 'em, they become addicting to use!

Jazzman Jeff aka QM

Buy bunches?

I feel you, sir.

Thing about thumbpicks, is not only the shape and thickness, but how they fit around the thumb. I tend to go back and forth between thick that stay nice and stiff, and thinner because they seem to fit better around my big fat thumb. Then just when I think I got the perfect feel, after being on for 10 minutes....

If I had ever found the perfect thumbpick, it would be....I would feel like I had won a lottery.

The thing I like about this one is that I can also strum up and down and irt sounds good. Normally strumming with a thumb pick sounds "harsh" to my ear. I don't know how guys like Tommy Emmanuel can strum with their thumb pick and have those open strings sound soooo good….lol…..so this is a God send to me!

Archived