Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby Modification

Don335

I attended a recent guitar show in Ft. Washington Pa. I stopped by the Reverend Guitar booth to play a Pete Anderson PA-1 B-7 Bigsby

equipped hollow body guitar. The first thing I noticed was how soft the feel of the Bigsby was compared to the one on my Gibson ES-335. I found out that Reverend uses a special soft tension spring for this particular guitar. I quickly purchased one and installed it on my ES-335. This spring changed everything, it's unbelievable how good the Bigby responds. The tension of the Bigsby is amazingly soft and responsive. I know this is a small modification but it made this guitar so much more versatile and more musical in my opinion. If your wanting a softer more responsive feel with your Bigsby this is the way to go.

Don335

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I attended a recent guitar show in Ft. Washington Pa. I stopped by the Reverend Guitar booth to play a Pete Anderson PA-1 B-7 Bigsby

equipped hollow body guitar. The first thing I noticed was how soft the feel of the Bigsby was compared to the one on my Gibson ES-335. I found out that Reverend uses a special soft tension spring for this particular guitar. I quickly purchased one and installed it on my ES-335. This spring changed everything, it's unbelievable how good the Bigby responds. The tension of the Bigsby is amazingly soft and responsive. I know this is a small modification but it made this guitar so much more versatile and more musical in my opinion. If your wanting a softer more responsive feel with your Bigsby this is the way to go.

Don335

You got me interested..

looks like you can order it right off their web site.. but for some reason, it doesn't seem possible to order a "gold" one.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/store/

You got me interested..

looks like you can order it right off their web site.. but for some reason, it doesn't seem possible to order a "gold" one.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/store/

Yes I wanted a gold one but no dice - on the other hand the spring is almost out of sight and will reflect gold off the rest of the assembly......I think!

Archived