Gibson Brands Forums

Good Cheer

Marshall Paul

I do luv me some Peter Frampton!

The story of him getting back his actual original Black Beauty after 30+ years literally made me cry!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcK9tWdY5PY

He is such a charming and delightful guy from all account...

He later said he almost couldn't play as he started to cry when he began the song on that first live tune since getting it back...

You can see the emotion in his face...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usVmQpRaCaw

Simply amazing!!!

The collaborative work he's been doing lately to showcase some of the greats such as

and many others shows just how much he cares for the musicians that were his peers during his career. He's doing wonderful things for many of them... He's producing music for seriously talented musicians and guitarists such as Davy Knowles...

|
|

I bought that Davy Knowles album immediately after 1st watching those vids on YouTube and I'm a huge Davy Knowles fan now!

God Bless Peter Frampton and that Les paul!

Watching and listening to Peter play guitar will bring a smile to anyone's face. I had the fortune to see him live on the "Frampton Comes Alive" tour (1977?), and again just a few years back.

If you have a chance to see him live,.... DO IT!

I have had the very good fortune of meeting Pete on several occassions and I can personally testify that he has to be one of the nicest, most polite, sincere, and funniest guys It's ever been my pleasure. What you see is really what you get. My girlfriend describes him as the sweetest man she's ever met (something I should really take her to task about one day...lol).

And there's just no way of denying the mans' inherent, natural ability. He still amazes me to this day. And I really love the fact he finally got his '54 back, makes you believe in serendipity eh.

I once got to spend a very entertaining morning jamming with Pete in an amp packed corner of a friends guitar shop. We took our two shop borrowed LP's into the corner and spent the next several hours just having a ball, trading riffs, licks and solo's. And believe me, that's no mean feat when your laughing so hard you're just about to have a hernia! A natural born comedian that man let me tell you!

There's a very large pool of natural guitar talent out there these days, but sometimes, I think we just need a little reminder of where it all came from, and how good they still are.

And Lazarus, your very welcome mate. My work is done.Merry Xmas.

I have had the very good fortune of meeting Pete on several occassions and I can personally testify that he has to be one of the nicest, most polite, sincere, and funniest guys It's ever been my pleasure. What you see is really what you get. My girlfriend describes him as the sweetest man she's ever met (something I should really take her to task about one day...lol).

And there's just no way of denying the mans' inherent, natural ability. He still amazes me to this day. And I really love the fact he finally got his '54 back, makes you believe in serendipity eh.

I once got to spend a very entertaining morning jamming with Pete in an amp packed corner of a friends guitar shop. We took our two shop borrowed LP's into the corner and spent the next several hours just having a ball, trading riffs, licks and solo's. And believe me, that's no mean feat when your laughing so hard you're just about to have a hernia! A natural born comedian that man let me tell you!

There's a very large pool of natural guitar talent out there these days, but sometimes, I think we just need a little reminder of where it all came from, and how good they still are.

And Lazarus, your very welcome mate. My work is done.Merry Xmas.

From the Nashville flood we have this that transpired before he got back his '54, which he even mentions the loss of the original in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GM3SfmyceM

There is just something miraculously fateful about him getting back the original '54 after 31 years!

It makes you believe in God and miracles!

Archived