Gibson Brands Forums

Shocking Sherlock

E-minor7

In connection with the ongoin Hummingbird threads right now (and some of my own older comments) I had to revisit a few pieces of Stones material to dig even deeper into the topic.

It paid off - so you better pinch your arm and polish your glasses :

SEEMS THE HUMMINGBIRD USED ON ANGIE HAD THE ADJUSTABLE PLASTIC BRIDGE with ceramic saddle. .

- if the official promo-video features the original instrument anyway. . .

Not so with the 2 first Richards/Jagger-Birds, but this is 7-8 years later and tanks of bourbon has gone down the stream -

notice this one also appears a step darker than the 'earlies', , , KeithsH-Birdplasticbridge-1.jpg more vinoburst. . .

This news is bound to shake the whole GWSBCS (Gibson-Worldwide-Stones-Bird-Connoisseur-Society) - and you heard it here first.

So you don't think what you are hearing on the Angie promos is pretty much straight out of the studio? You should take a listen to the original soundboard recordings of the '69 MSG shows from which all but one of the cuts from Yas Yas was taken and then compare them to the official commercial release.

So you don't think what you are hearing on the Angie promos is pretty much straight out of the studio? You should take a listen to the original soundboard recordings of the '69 MSG shows from which all but one of the cuts from Yas Yas was taken and then compare them to the official commercial release.

Not sure I get your point here.

There are 2 Angie promo-shows and to my ears they are sing-back performances.

Not play-back, which means the whole lot is mimed, but instead with the instrumental track from the actual mixed recording running and the frontman singing on top of that.

In other words - the famous intro everybody's been talking about for ages is the one and only. (I think)

So one and only in fact, that the band never reproduces it live when the song so and so often is on the repertoire.

In that case Wood gives his own version. It's as if Richards for some un-X-rayable reason won't touch neither that classic start-piece or his old acoustic trademark, the Hummingbird.

Such is life. . .

Certainly looks that way, and is most noticeable at t = :15, and t = 2:30. Maximize the video, place your cursor just under the left hand of Keith, so that it can be kept an eye on in the split second, since they cut away to another shot just before it: the picking does not come close.

Good detective work, though.

Archived