Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton 62 Headstock Tree Of Life Sizes Vary Tall And Short ???

alienware

Happy new year all, I have 2 sheraton 62 reissues, the 62 reissue from a couple years ago, I had it sprayed up Oasis Custom wich I'm selling, it has a large tree of life, the new 62 Union jack sheraton has a shorter tree of life.

van anyone please explain why 2 Different sizes on a supposedly same spec 62 Headstock, thanks

post-69499-057330300 1420292285_thumb.jpg

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Union Jack vine is smaller because it's a copy of the early 90s reissues, can't find where I read that now though......

I saw your one on ebay earlier, your only up the road from me.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Union Jack vine is smaller because it's a copy of the early 90s reissues, can't find where I read that now though......

I saw your one on ebay earlier, your only up the road from me.

Yes the UJ is supposed to be shaped like a 96 USA reissue according to Epiphone. I would guess it's ultimately modeled after the elongated 63-69 Sherrys.

I just looked at the epiphone wiki page and the Nashville sheraton from 93-94 has a small vine, they only made 250 of these and it is guessed that Noel's were these, I guess they put this vine on the current Union Jack as a nod towards Noel's.

Archived