Gibson Brands Forums

sunday song,bbg's new toys

blindboygrunt

That was very good mate.Sounded as though one guitar track was miked and the other was direct input? What interface did you get? I was looking at getting an audio interface and was tossing up between a focusrite and a steinberg.

Is a USB interface the same thing?

Another consideration for me was the thought of getting one that has 4 channel inputs instead of two.This would allow me to do vocals, guitar miked and same guitar direct input at the same time.Then I'd have two guitar tracks....of the same thing..so you could muck around with them.Not sure if that would be a worthwhile thing though- or just a complication that achieves not much.

Anyway I enjoyed that and liked where the vocal sat in the mix.Enjoy the toy!

Thanks fellas.

I got a lexicon alpha , budget playing a big part in it. If I'd had money to burn I probably would've went for something else , but knowing what I know now I'd have went for same thing. Nice little peice of kit. Has all I need.

Wily - 2 tracks guitar and vocals recorded simultaneously, then a third track with my wobbly guitar 'solos' , so 3 in total I guess :-s

Sal , I haven't learnt reverb and all that effects stuff . there was reverb in it but I'm unsure of what to be doing so what you pointed out was accident more than intent.

FB - maybe more channels might be a good thing but hey there's only me here so guitar and mic is all I need. Any extras are done after the song is done ... Not sure you'd need more than same thing?

Its a lotta fun. Something new to keep things fresh. Some schoolwork needed .

Thanks for listening .

Edit - FB both guitars input. Will do a mic guitar soon to see difference . piezo bleh

Grunt, I just listened again using some nice headphones... Of course the guitar and vocals are perfect... but listen back... do you hear an occasional "puff pop"? If you hear what I am hearing maybe a wind filter or pop screen will help... I can't isolate which track though...

A 'Puff pop' in the vocals?

I'm sure there are many issues in there... I do use a filter though. Maybe it's not great quality ? Can you even get various qualities of pop filters??

There are hiccups here and there down to my sloppy guitar playing... I guess I'm gonna have to start using the metronome if I'm going to add layers to the tracks.... Much as I hate them.

A 'Puff pop' in the vocals?

I'm sure there are many issues in there... I do use a filter though. Maybe it's not great quality ? Can you even get various qualities of pop filters??

There are hiccups here and there down to my sloppy guitar playing... I guess I'm gonna have to start using the metronome if I'm going to add layers to the tracks.... Much as I hate them.

No way... not what I am saying.... Sometimes when I record I get these puffs; I am not describing it right. For me a filter helped. Please ignore what I said.

Archived