Gibson Brands Forums

LIVE: sanding out the clear coat on the TV Pelham Blue ES-355

Scott0

thanks gents! hard to catch the differences right now but the dividing line is right below the pickups. I'm digging it, looks more frosted now than super duper crazy glossy.

0jZ8tYt.jpg

tons & tons of clear on this here git. I split 1 sheet of 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper into 6 palm size sections and used each section ~5x rinsing it out between each time and there is still clear on!

Hey ScottO, you certainly have a lot more...patience, or skill or...somethingmsp_blushing.gif..than me to do that, to thatmsp_blink.gif. So, you took off the Bigsby, changed out the pickups and the bridge saddles ? Maybe I'm overlooking something...

What is the "mark" near the input jack? One pic shows, the other doesn't...just curious. Maybe it will resonate more, without the heavy plastic coated finish. Certainly interesting.eusa_think.gif

Hey ScottO, you certainly have a lot more...patience, or skill or...somethingmsp_blushing.gif..than me to do that, to thatmsp_blink.gif. So, you took off the Bigsby, changed out the pickups and the bridge saddles ? Maybe I'm overlooking something...

What is the "mark" near the input jack? One pic shows, the other doesn't...just curious. Maybe it will resonate more, without the heavy plastic coated finish. Certainly interesting.eusa_think.gif

that is a reflection next to the input jack. No, yeah, everything's changed out on this. I filled in the bigsby holes with bamboo skewer and art crayons blended to match the Pelham.

I just did it for fun, I figured it would look better in a satin kind of finish

it's not patience or skill, it's all about the proper lubrication for using wet sand paper on yer favorite guitar

Screen%20Shot%202012-01-09%20at%2010.16.01%20AM.png

:-)

Archived