Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Jesse

music4love

Jesse, I saw this and immediately all of your recent Hummingbird post came to my mind. I thought I would post a link. I know they take trades. Ive done quite a bit of trading/selling with them. They have always been fair and easy to deal with. Maybe you could work a deal with some of your used guitars and gear as an even trade. http://elderly.com/vintage/names/gibson-hummingbird-%282012%29--20U-15605.htm

Woops, sorry guys! Is it still there? I couldn't get the link to work and couldn't find it via search either.

I think I do have my heart set on a brand new one this summer. This would have been a pretty darn good idea, though. Good way to swap old gear for what I want. Would have been a lot of packing and shipping tho :P

Thanks for thinking of me!

Jesse, a Masters is a long, arduous process. I know mine was. Being this far along - it's obvious you are going to be awarded it. You should use some of those brand spanking new 'critical thinking' skills to decide when, where, how and why. Packing a few boxes to mail your surplus gear off is a small price to pay if you can find a good one!

The lady is really looking forward to the Montana trip (which admittedly, we could do anyway), and in that case, I'd get to play the guitars in question before committing, too, which I really like (never been able to do that before--always been mail order). It's true that I hate packing and shipping guitars though. Makes me really anxious! I used to do it, no worries and no problems, until UPS destroyed one. I did get my money back, which was a bit of a miracle, as I've heard others aren't so lucky.

Thank you!! I'm quite an anxious fellow but try always to remember how things just seem to fall into place.

A buddy recently got a list of the Music Villa inventory and was kind enough to send me a copy. Quite a haul of Gibsons they have, and I hope they have the same size haul or greater when I come down! They have no less than three Hummingbirds at the moment: 1989 Bird, 2014 new Modern Classic, and a used Hummingbird Custom. And I will definitely want to try out a few SJs while I'm there... I think I have my heart set on a short-scale, square-shoulder Gibson dread, so that doesn't leave too many choices. (I have to admit, I have my heart set on the looks of the Bird, too... but we all know this, as I've orated time and again...) I only hope my lady is gracious and will allow me to fiddle around and sample the various guitars. I will have to try out the Martins, too, of course, but I certainly hope I don't come away with one of those! Too many already! :)

• 4 months later...

Archived