Gibson Brands Forums

Emptiness. Desolation. Arid. Lonely. Locked up.

MorrisrownSal

In Pennsylvania near you ...humidity in my house reads zero..off the charts with all hygrometers if house humidifiers are turned off. So my Gibson Hummingbird, and Masterbilts are all cased with case humidifiers. fortunately my cases have all been modified with sealers and they hold humidity of 45 to 50% for almost a month if they are not opened. Even then the case humidity drops slowly...when it reaches 44 I refill the sound hole dampits...and devices in the head stock area.Trouble is I want to open them!....so I use the Epiphone AJ220S and the Epiphone 2014 limited edition laminated J-45, and my Epi Hummingbird which I bought for these dry times, and I keep dampit humidifiers in even those cases. The Epi AJ220S is about as fulfilling to play as my Gibson Hummingbird. Best $199 I ever spent in my life. Come spring...the babies will come out their cases and a rebirth of joy will occur.

The Epis are ;played year round in and out the house. The others because of heat and humidity conditions sometimes get hibernated for a while.

Yes it's cold dark and dry and lonely in Pa and Jersey during the winter. Hang in there...the summer sun is coming back soon...and that delicious moist air along with it!

Archived