Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone dot with 57s

nlee1903

I'm trying to figure out a price to sell this for.

I posted it for 500 and realized that's probably too high.

It's an Epiphone dot Cherry with Gibson classic 57s.

Condition is a used 10/10. The pick guard has a few scratches but nothing out of the ordinary for a used guitar.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to figure out a price to sell this for.

I posted it for 500 and realized that's probably too high.

It's an Epiphone dot Cherry with Gibson classic 57s.

Condition is a used 10/10. The pick guard has a few scratches but nothing out of the ordinary for a used guitar.

Any ideas?

500 what? US dollars? Australian dollars? Yen? It's a big world.

Here's part of your problem:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-es-335-pro-electric-guitar

I have a Dot that I totally rewired, upgraded p/u's, switches, pots, etc. a few years ago. I knew then that I'd never get anywhere near the money I put into it back if I tried to resell, so before I did the work, I made sure it was a "keeper". That said, the Dot Pro has neck binding, better fret markers, etc. for the same price as a new Dot and if I had to do it over again, well...

So, I'm thinking that given the choice of your Dot or a new Pro, it's a no brainer (plus I get a warranty). In any event, best of luck to you.

Unfortunately, you'll never make your money back on the upgrades. Been there, done that. If you have the old hardware, re-install it into the guitar and save the 57s for your next upgrade. If you don't have the old stuff but still need to sell, expect to get between $300-$350 tops on eBay or Reverb, which means you'll net about $250-$300 after fees.

If you like the ES335 fine but are GAS-ing for something new, IMHO you'd be better off keeping what you have and saving for a few months to afford the new guitar of your dreams. Variety is the spice of life! Good luck!!!

Sorry about that. 500 canadian dollars.

That's about $400 US. Seems like a pretty fair price for the guitar you describe. But as Dennis points out, you can get a brand new Epi ES335 Pro for that, and probably get a discount off of that. Sadly, mods don't always add much value. Make sure your ad describes the pups in detail, maybe even link them to a major site that's selling them so they can see how much they cost. And maybe drop your price to 485 Canadian, haha....

Archived