Gibson Brands Forums

Want to photograph your 'Road Worn' guitar...

pippy

For the sum of $24,500 Lenny Kravitz (with a little help from his chums at Leica) can help you out with a 'pre-brassed' camera!

http://petapixel.com...-lenny-kravitz/

In his defence Mr. Kravitz is a well-known Leicaman and Leica have been doing this 'for-well-heeled-collectors-only' sort of thing practically from the start; the gold-plated, lizard-skin covered 'Luxus' appeared in 1930 - just 6 years after the marque was first launched.

For those of us, OTOH, who have a genuine road-worn '59 LP (in a tasteful 'burst) and are looking for an appropriate camera with which to snap it we can always just hope for another one of these to come up for sale;

O-Series%20116_zpsdgw227jl.jpg

This one came up for auction in 2012 and it's hammer-price of $2,790,000 makes the LK version seem pretty affordable.

The 'brassing' here is, of course, genuine.

Pip.

Hello Pippy!

I admit, I don't know a thing about cameras, often troubled which button to push on modern units too.

These might be junks, anyways, that's what I've found locally:

http://antik.vatera.hu/keramia_agyag/egyeb/nagyon_regi_fenykepezogep_2038897754.html

and a soviet gadget:

http://antik.vatera.hu/szerszam_munkaeszkoz/antik_szovjet_fenykepezogep_mukodik_2037674165.html

Cheers... Bence

The Altissar and Fed are priced about the same as here.

The Leica? Leica prices are (usually!) like Gibsons. 100% originality and good condition = high; non-original + poor condition = low.

The shutter-curtains on those models were made of rubberised silk and are usually the first things to go.

Hard to say without seeing it first-hand but 200,000 is probably about right, too. Ad says Leica III from 1933. If the top speed is 500 then that's correct.

FWIW I had a slightly earlier ('31) Leica I which had been converted to the then-current IIIb specs (1/1000th top speed) back in around '35. It looked identical to the one in the ad except mine had a fairly rare "11 o'clock" Elmar as it dated from the very first screw-in lens period (all Leicas pre-'31 had a fixed non-interchangeable 50mm lens).

Great little camera. Captured many happy memories with it. Wish I still had it...

P.

I know very little about this whole camera thing but that one looks cool. 24K? I had a hard time parting with $300 for my Nikon 3200. [scared]

The price looks (and is) completely bonkers but the 'street price' of even the regular versions of the M-P with 35mm 'cron and 50mm 'lux works out at almost $17k in the UK.

I checked.

Just in case.....................[lol]

40% mark-up for the LK set? Probably not too bad, really (if your as rich as Croesus and have a 'thing' for fake street-cred).

Personally just as with my guitars' ageing I prefer my cameras to 'brass-up' by virtue of them being used. By me. Taking pictures. The M8.2 is coming along nicely...

The thing about this set ("Only 125 sets worldwide!") which IS sort-of cool is that the lenses, although the latest digital spec ASPH versions, have been made with the late '60s/early '70s style barrels. The snake-skin leather covering is pretty, erm, pretty too.

Nice touches.

P.

Archived