Gibson Brands Forums

les paul double cut classic 2015 red

lolo_guitar

The location of the heel at the cut in of the body makes for a great percentage of the guitar being neck and a lesser percentage being body, and the body is small to begin with.

rct

Perhaps its time for a redesign of that heel?

There are already recessed heels in some LPs, and of course the thin bodied 'Less' improves the access also.

Ultimately I take from what you say is that its different from what you are accustomed to. Fair?

Perhaps its time for a redesign of that heel?

There are already recessed heels in some LPs, and of course the thin bodied 'Less' improves the access also.

Ultimately I take from what you say is that its different from what you are accustomed to. Fair?

I had no issues with the heel. The amount of body of guitar SEEMS less than the amount of neck of guitar, and I am not the only person to say that. It is different in that nearly all guitars all of my long life of guitars have been somewhat balanced in a Seussian way, just enough of each. Not this one.

rct

I had no issues with the heel. The amount of body of guitar SEEMS less than the amount of neck of guitar, and I am not the only person to say that. It is different in that nearly all guitars all of my long life of guitars have been somewhat balanced in a Seussian way, just enough of each. Not this one.

rct

Curious. I suppose I feel the opposite about a lot of guitars: ie- not enough neck. Probably because my principle gigging guitar has the same easy access at the 24th fret as it does at the first.

I have always been put off by the LP heel (I dont own a LP) . No doubt I could get used to it, but it remains the main reason I have resisted. Otherwise I might have bought that 2014 special from Thomann (that lolo linked) by now.

hi

what's the problem with this guitar?

the red model, the classic has a good price

i don't know if the neck is fat but it has not the new models features, for sure

and only 2 knobs

but 2 burstbuckers pro

but i really don't know how this guitar sound

there is only one demo

hi

what's the problem with this guitar?

the red model, the classic has a good price

i don't know if the neck is fat but it has not the new models features, for sure

and only 2 knobs

but 2 burstbuckers pro

but i really don't know how this guitar sound

there is only one demo

Well thats the problem isnt it. We need to try them to be sure.

I have only played the 2015 slab models and struggled to find a usable sound. I think I would prefer the 2014 pups over the P90s.

4knobs are very good:you can set up each volume

for rhythm to guitar solo with another pickup

you can have split for pickups, bypass and out of phase

with 2 knobs, it's impossible and that's the reason and the fact that i can't make a comparison with a les paul because this guitar is not

in demo in shops

but i think a "classic" is better than a "studio"

and 24 frets would have been better for a freedom to get the highest frets or 17-19H easily

Here is something that comes a pretty close match to your shopping list. The buckethead LP

It’s got split coil ceramic pups, & though only 2 knobs, it has the unusual feature of 2 red button mute switches.

It’s a 24 fret LP. Extra nice features (I think) are the necks wide 17.15 neck, 27” scale and a Richlite fret board.

If it wasn’t for the high output pups, I would be interested myself, especially with that generous neck.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Buckethead-Signature-Les-Paul.aspx

I ought to ask you for a finders fee ;)

Here is something that comes a pretty close match to your shopping list. The buckethead LP

It’s got split coil ceramic pups, & though only 2 knobs, it has the unusual feature of 2 red button mute switches.

It’s a 24 fret LP. Extra nice features (I think) are the necks wide 17.15 neck, 27” scale and a Richlite fret board.

If it wasn’t for the high output pups, I would be interested myself, especially with that generous neck.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Buckethead-Signature-Les-Paul.aspx

I ought to ask you for a finders fee ;)

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived