Gibson Brands Forums

Ordered New Firestripe Pickguard for J-15

B1ues Boy

Hi all

I just ordered a Firestripe Pickguard for my Gibson J-15 Walnut guitar

I've already put Carvin Locking tuners and Bone bridge pins on and it sounds fantastic

I really like all the J-15s I've played so far and when I saw this J-15 with flamed Caro Walnut with sapwood I had to buy it

My next guitar is either going to be a J-45 TV or J-35 Collector's Edition that you can still find on the net

Firestripes look nice. Sounds like You're doing some cool things to it. If I hadn't bought my Advanced Jumbos back then, I would definitely buy a J-15, but I blew my guitar money on a Brazilian. I like the sound of Walnut. Really clarifies the notes, and chords really ring clear.

Post a pic when you get it fitted. Don't you like the type of pickguard on the J15? I prefer that style of material myself. same type on my Southern Jumbo. Trying to find out what material it is, but no one seems to know. Certainly different to the style on a J45.

I got the pickguard today and it's beautiful it's with guitar tech I've already seen it and wow it looks nice

I left it there one more day because I bought some Power Pins and had him put it on my J-15 too but sadly it made my guitar sound horrible so my tech had to keep it one more night

Tomorrow I'll post some pictures

Archived