Gibson Brands Forums

Your regularly scheduled update on limited stuff

modoc_333

People asked me when the last round of Montana "guitar of the month" specials came out to post them. I did. We have a new month now so I am sharing the next round. model, description, map

1960s J45 Antique Ebony Special

1960s style J45 with an aged bone Nut & saddle, double antiqued ebony finish, cream color guard, and Baggs Element VTC pickup

J45 RED SPRUCE ROSEWOOD

A customized J-45 With Red Spruce Top and Indian rosewood back and sides, and Element VTC Pickup

L-00 1930'S CLASSIC EBONY

Legend inspiried L-00 with a Red Spruce top with Hide Glued bracing, mahogany back and sides, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, vintage replica strap tuners, and specially enhanced firestripe pickguard on a masked natural woodgrain surface

NICK LUCAS KOA ELITE

Custom Shop Nick Lucas model with red spruce top, hide gluedtop bracing, historic MOP Nick Lucas fingerboard and headstock inlay, AAA figure KOA back and sides, colorful abalone top trim, gold waverly Open back tuning machines.

Early 60s SJ-200 TRANS BLUE

A Limited Edition SJ200 standard with traslucent blue finish and custom mid -1960's neck with thinner 1.68" nut width.

SJ-200 QUILT VINE

A Magnificent SJ-200 Vine Limited Edition with Quilted Maple back and sides.

-Keith

That sounds scary. Did they drag it behind the UPS truck?

Thanks, Keith. Your posts are always appreciated.

FMA

The pic that i saw (don't have it to post, sorry) didn't look weird. it was just a stock photo though and not hi-res of a real guitar. I have seen them use that term before though and it generally just comes out similar to a VOS.

-Keith

double antiqued ebony finish,

Can't stop laughing as I have this mental picture of a bunch of guys in suits sitting around a conference table trying to come with that name. Brings to mind the Animal House Double Secret Probation.

That sounds scary. Did they drag it behind the UPS truck?

Thanks, Keith. Your posts are always appreciated.

FMA

They also used strange words to describe the L-00. it basically looks like an all black L-00 with a firestripe guard. just like the ones from the 30s with no burst. they sure used a lot of words to describe that though.

-Keith

Archived