Gibson Brands Forums

Design Your New Music Room

BluesKing777

I designed and built my own this summer, but went in a different direction. Got a Eureka Hexagon Screenhouse like this from Amazon for about $150: http://store.eurekatent.com/hexagon-screen-house . Set it up in my woods out back, about a two minute walk from the house down a narrow winding trail. It was great, but I thought it would be better with a wood floor so I built a hexagonal deck, lumber was about $300. It breaks down into 4 sections, so it can be moved it to other parts of my property in the future.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

I don't need a "place for all my stuff", that's what my house is for. I live alone so the whole house is basically a "man-cave". :) Instead, I wanted simplicity where I could practice with no distraction. So the only furnishings are two stools and a guitar stand. I can really get lost in nature and music out there.

s3.jpg

I bring a table and grill out there sometimes to enjoy a cookout with guests, so it's a versatile space. While working on the deck, it struck me that it looked like a little stage. So now I have a "theater configuration" as an intimate performance space for family gatherings, takes me about a half hour to strike the tent. My 5 year old granddaughter is thrilled and is busy rehearsing for our first "family talent show" when they come down from the City this weekend. :)

s4.jpg

That's a cool place to play and a super idea for family gatherings. More than a stage. More than a tent. Music is great. Family music is greater. [thumbup]

I use the small box room in my house as a studio. There is just about room for one other person in there.

On the plus side the recorder is portable if I wanted to record a full band at a practice.

A dedicated practice room with space for all 7 guys in Blown Out would be a dream! [love]

Archived